Friday, January 11, 2013

When Avant Garde Meets Glam

Every so often you meet someone in SL that you just automatically click with. On paper, two very different people, but for some reason there is something there that just works.  You feel like you have known this person forever and you feel comfortable telling them anything. It doesn't happen often, and I am not talking about a romantic thing. I'm talking a purely platonic friendship.


 Recently in SL, I had a bit of a let down, and me being me, I let it affect me more than it should have.  Something that I started cause it was fun and something I loved to do, all of a sudden became a burden and tiresome. I doubted myself, my ability and for a short time, I lost my passion for it.  As someone who has worked in the arts in rl for over 25 years, when you lose your passion for something that you once held so dear, it's very scary and depressing. It's, in my opinion, even worse when you lose it cause of self doubt and because you let the opinions of others mean more than what you hold to be true.



 I was cranky, I was bitchy and I was whining, especially this week with having to unexpectedly having to put my very youngest cat, Larry, to sleep after he had a massive stroke out of nowhere and there was nothing they could do to save him....and let me tell you, I am a Long Island/NYC Girl.....we take the ability to whine to Olympic proportions.  I had many wonderful friends who helped me and listened to me and who tried to boost me back up. Which I greatly appreciated...especially since I am normally a big proponent of the 1 Person only Invite Pity Parties.


One friend in particular...who is exactly the person I mentioned in the first few sentences.  She gave me the kick in the ass I needed. Despite what she is going through in her life, she was there and for that I am so thankful.  She challenged me.  When I was whining she gave me a dress and basically said shut up and style this and for almost a week I starred at this thing....and finally did. And I found my passion in SL again.  




I have heard people say that Avant Garde and Glam don't really mix, but in the right hands, at the right time, it really creates something beautiful and real.


Thank you for being my friend Trinity and helping me find my SL Pasion again.

All poses are created by the amazing Trinity Graves and can be found in world at her store - In-Pose!



 Hair/Hairbase - Chombo Hicho in Blanc 1 - Loovus Dzevavor
Skin - Roza The Arcade Gatcha Event Skin #7 - Glam Affair
Lipstick - Lucious Lipgloss in Red - Mons for TDR Fusion
Earrings/Necklace - Sylvester Set - Alienbear
Ring - Massive Diamond Ring - Finesmith
Gloves - taken from Domino Effect - Gizza Creations
Dress - Taunting Leda in Onyx - DM devious Mind
Poses - from In-Pose by Trinity Graves

3 comments: