Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mermaid's Dance

Once in a great while, in both SL and RL we meet people we just click with.  Be it plutonically  or romantically.  It's something rare that happens, and in rl we are either lucky enough to get the chance to develop that, or we take those brief meetings do one of two things - take it as a wonderful chance meeting with a kindred soul or 2. post a creepy Missed Encounters ad on Craigslist.

For some reason, on SL, most of us do not take the former.  We do not see it as a wonderful chance meeting with a kindred soul and move on.  We friend almost immediately, we reread chat logs, we try to develop, sometimes by force, a relationship that may or may not be there, built on one single spark.  A brief moment in which the planets aligned and two people seemed to be made for each other, but why in sl do we always have to want more?  Why can't we just take this moment, this beautiful gift and try to make it something that it's not.

 Why can't we just be IN the moment and enjoy the moment for what it is instead of making it more or thinking it's more or even wanting it to BE more.  Why are we so afraid of just letting things unfold on SL?  Why do so many relationships seem forced?  I have never been a person on SL to jump from one serious relationship to another. In fact I have had, to me, only one real relationship in SL and that lasted 3 years. We started off as friends and it slowly blossomed into something more. Sadly, when that relationship ran it's course, I found myself very sad and depressed.  In my rl I have no problem being single, in fact I quite enjoy it, but in sl....well it's another store entirely. We all like to feel a connection, but in our desire to feel that connection, do we force it? Do we, in essence, ruin what could possibly be something wonderful, but craving so hard for that initial connection...that's spark....that amazingly powerful feeling not only that "Someone GETS me" but that "Someone ACCEPTS me as I am."


 Those feelings are so powerful and can cause you to go in 600 miles per hour head first into a very hard wall, especially if the next day, the next week, the person you felt that about doesn't log in or seems to have pulled back. You start to think that you are crazy, were you the only one who felt it?  I am learning, or more to the point, trying to learn to take things, especially on SL, as they come. Sometimes it's not easy and I have to pull myself back.  I get excited, overly so sometimes. I also can be overly cautious and too picky, afraid of getting hurt.  Putting my heart out there and not having it be reciprocated. But it's something I have to do. To not only prevent me from going Psycho Girlie Bella on some poor unsuspecting male and my amazing friends who have witnessed MANY of these wonderful, shall we say, episodes, but to also enjoy my SL more.  To be in the moment of this amazing place of wonder, creativity, passion and yes, even drama. To ride the waves of my SL as they come and not fight them not to make them bigger or more important than they are but to simply enjoy them when I catch them.


“A mermaid found a swimming lad,
Picked him for her own,
Pressed her body to his body,
Laughed; and plunging down
Forgot in cruel happiness
That even lovers drown.” - William Butler Yeats

Hair - Baroque Hair Anthrazit - Boudoir
Eyeliner - Underline Me - cStar Limited
Make-Up - Show Designs - Metropolis Full Set - Madrid Solo
Jewelry - BangBang in Platinum - Finesmith
Dress - Mermaid Dance - Living Imagination **NEW STORE CURRENTLY ONLY ON THE MARKETPLACE**
Poses - Isomotion

No comments:

Post a Comment